
Maarit has not really been exposed to TV, characters or anything very commercial at this point in her young life. However, at night as she's falling asleep I will usually pop in a DVD of The Office or peruse a past Lost episode, but lately I've gotten into Star Trek....not my fault, a friend gave me a massive stack of Next Generation with a few original thrown in and I was guilted into 'just trying it', I know that's everyone's excuse for peer pressure, but it's true!
I watched all the Next Generation and actually ( I do admit to being a super-nerd) liked it, so I started watching the originals and really got into them after seeing the recent Star Trek movie... anyway, back to how this pertains to Maarit.... so since starting the original Star Trek Maarit is extremely interested in watching the show and not going to bed. Last night she was sleeping on my lap so Justin turned on an episode and Maarit woke up, sat up and began cooing and talking to the TV. She then, every time Mr. Spock came on screen, waved and waved to Mr. Spock smiling and cooing when he was in the frame. It was too funny. Justin says that today while folding laundry he played a Star Trek with similar results. Apparently we have a young fan here!
Live long and Prosper baby Maarit!
No comments:
Post a Comment