WELCOME TO OUR BLOG

We're glad you're here to see our beautiful children as they grow. Enjoy your visit and feel free to add a comment, we love to hear from you! xoxo The Mattsons

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Post Christmas

I have to start our Post-Christmas post with these because I still just absolutely love them, they are my most favorite gift of the whole season. Cousin Chloe made these ornaments of our family for us and I think they are hilarious and awesome, so I have to share. From top left they are: Karhu, Maarit (with curls!), Mommy and Daddy. It is obvious which is Daddy, I think his is the one that just makes me laugh every time I see it!
Awesome!

Since the snow prevented us from traveling on Christmas day we went to see the Mattson/Koch family in Two Harbors on the 26th. Here are the girls celebrating their gift opening and just being together.


And some family pictures!

The whole crew!
On Sunday we went to River Falls for a visit with Bah and Mah (Grandpa and Grandma) while Daddy was away coaching basketball. Daddy drove us down to RF and then headed back to Aurora for a holiday basketball tournament. Lot's of driving, but it was greatly appreciated. Maarit and I stayed in RF and visited family and friends for 3 days. I didn't get a picture of everyone we had a chance to see, but did manage a few.

Here's Maarit with Susan. We got to visit with her and Leah for a bit on Monday and had a fun time catching up and bouncing on Sue's excer-ball.

Later that day we got spend time with Maarit's big cousins Caio, Kendra, Kiera and Emma who is our same size and Aunt Terry. Maarit really likes her big cousins and wishes she could play with them more! She was pretty funny with Emma because they are over a year and a half apart, but the same height and Maarit is apparently heavier than her! They were so cute trying to share together...which is a funny thing to watch any toddler trying to share. So sweet.
Emma, Kendra and Maarit:
Kiera brought her "kai" ---translated = dog, which was very important because Maarit was looking for a kai ever since she got to Grandma and Grandpa's house. She was pretty worried about the fact that they don't have a kai, but it was Kiera to the rescue and Maarit adored Bella.

Emma getting a ride from Grandpa!
On Tuesday Grandma and I decided that the "Cousin It" hairdo had to go. Poor Maarit could not see a thing anymore and really didn't like getting bows or hair-binders in her hair, so it was time for the first ever haircut. Grandma used to cut my and my brother's hair so she is more than practiced....Maarit sat so well, didn't even mind a bit! I saved her little curls of course.


There she is! She looks really grown up with bangs, I think!

We had a chance to visit Great Grandma MaryAnn (my Dad's mom) in Fountain City on Tuesday. It was a beautiful, but cold day. This was the first time Grandma had gotten to meet Maarit!
And while there Grandpa had to show Maarit the Moos...my goodness did she love the moos. "Moo, moo, moo" she kept saying. She especially loved when they 'kissed' her. She really wanted to get down and get in by them, but that wasn't really the best idea. She kept trying though.


Moo kisses may have been the highlight of Maarit's trip, she said "Bah, moo" quite a bit after that (translated- Grandpa, cows). She also loved dancing with Grandpa and Grandma, watching them dance and listening to their BlueGrass Christmas album over and over. There was lots of playing farm as well! Grandpa is particularly good at the pig noise, so he was an instant hit with that!


After River Falls, Maarit and I went to the Cities, well....we started going to the cities, got stuck on some really bad roads and Uncle Kurt and Aunt Tarah and cousins had to rescue us. Once the rescuing was over (thank you!) we got to spend some time playing with them and seeing Uncle Bubs and Shanna.
Over all it was a wonderful visit and I hope that we can get down to River Falls again soon. Maarit is still talking about "Bah, moo" and loving up her Elmo ("Elmmmm") that she got from "Mah". We'll have to go back soon. Thanks to everyone for taking time to visit with us! I know it was short, but it was great to see you all!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Justin, you don't know me but I was your wife's college roommate- we go back a loooong ways :)
    Anyways, a friend found this blog of your beautiful family and I just wanted to reconnect. Tell Christy HI from me!
    Angie (Sitz) Schott
    angie.schott@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete