The past few weekends have had beautiful Saturday's with sun and great weather for long, long walks.
We have posted here a few pictures of our walk-abouts.
There is a lake near by our house, Mosvatnet, which hosts a very popular walking/running trail. Along the trail there is this funny tree...we call it the Nuk Tree. I do not know the entire story about this tree, but children come and tie their nuks and even bottles onto the tree. I imagine them hanging it here and moving on to being big kids. It is quite interesting, Maarit really likes to talk about this tree when we pass by.
Along the trail these swans decided I must have bread in my pockets and started to chase after me.
Maarit and I with a statue of a girl (with a bird on her head). Maarit liked the statute and especially like crawling on her rock.
Our family and the sunshine by the lake.
The cathedral in Stavanger. I have not taken a picture of it and posted to our blog because it was covered in tarps for refurbishing this fall. Finally the fixes are complete and the cathedral is looking beautiful again. It was started in the 1000s and was finished in 1100s and is, I am pretty sure, the oldest building in Stavanger. Inside is gorgeous and definitely worth a stop for all our visitors.
Yesterday we took an adventure walk to Sørmarka Arena for a family skating day. On the way we were surprised byt these beautiful views of our town. I am especially fond of the snowy mountains in the background.
Maarit skating with the penguin helper she named "Pasta the Penguin". She had a glorious time skating around with him and she was so proud that she could skate all by herself.
Walking back in the waning sunlight.
We thought we would post a picture of our house in it's little neighborhood. So if you look at the arrows here that is our living room window. We adore our little house, through the kitchen window we can see Stokka lake and the mountains.
Coming soon, more pictures of Maarit ice skating...this time with nearly all the students in her class at a birthday party we have just come home from.
No comments:
Post a Comment