WELCOME TO OUR BLOG

We're glad you're here to see our beautiful children as they grow. Enjoy your visit and feel free to add a comment, we love to hear from you! xoxo The Mattsons

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Back to School....


Our summer ended with a visit from cousins.  It was a bit of a rainy, cool weekend, but we had lots of fun playing and enjoying being with cousins. 



Tuesday morning, bright and early, was the first day of school. Justin and I were worried, because Maarit got into the habit of sleeping until 8 or later towards the end of the summer.  Our last night of summer, Gus and Maarit both crawled in with Mommy and Daddy at some point in the night (pretty typical) and this is how they were snuggled as I went to wake them up.


And Maarit with her self-chosen outfit for the fist day of school.  Love it.


This was funny because as I was trying to take a picture of Maarit, Gus came to be in the picture wearing Maarit's new gym-only tennis shoes and then Karhu decided she needed to be included as well!
Happy first day of FIRST GRADE Maarit!


I had to get a close up because the weekend before she lost her second front tooth. This is the toothless face that went to first grade, so precious.


This past weekend the little ones and I went to the Weirtenen Farm days, the old Finnish farmstead down the road from us. Maarit and Gus spent most of their time playing with the ducklings, chicks and bunny.  We went on a wagon ride and Gus fell in love with the horses. I spent the rest of our time there wrestling him as he fought to get away from me to run to the horses!









So far, Maarit loves first grade. She is getting reading homework every night and she has been doing wonderfully with her reading skills. I love catching her reading stories to Gus, it is so adorable. He enjoys having her spend time with him and she is very good at reading all of his books.  They are so sweet together.
We are still waiting for our garage company to come and put up our new garage. Hopefully they will get here before the snow.  The birds on the lake are starting to gather and get ready to fly away for the winter.  It has been so unseasonably cold, it feels like winter is just around the corner! (no!!) Maarit keeps saying that she can not wait until it snows. Oh boy, I hope it doesn't come any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment