WELCOME TO OUR BLOG

We're glad you're here to see our beautiful children as they grow. Enjoy your visit and feel free to add a comment, we love to hear from you! xoxo The Mattsons

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Part 2...How long ago was that?

I suddenly realized that there was supposed to be a part 2 to that Christmas post. How the time flies. It was back to school and suddenly 2 weeks have gone by! Here are some Christmas time pictures.
Maarit had a wonderful visit with Grandma and Grandpa over break. We went down just for a day and a half basically- because of bad weather. We had hoped to stay longer and visit more family and friends, but due to crazy mid-winter ice storms we headed home early. Our drive home was not too bad until we got close to home and then there were semis flipped in ditches and all kinds of awfulness.
During our visit we got to send Uncle Bubs and Shanna off to Germany...hoping they had a fun time! We saw Great Grandma for a day and got to have lunch with her. And we were able to visit with Sue and Erik and Leah which was fun. Maarit loved Leah's play room and other toys. She wanted to stay with Grandma and Grandpa and told me that I could go home by myself to see Daddy. On our way out of town we got to see Cori and Mel for a short while. Later when we were home Maarit said "Daddy, do you know Cori?" Daddy said, 'yes'. Maarit said, "Yeah, she's our friend." It was so grown up and cute.
Here's a picture of our little monster in her monster towel from Uncle Bubs and Shanna. She loves it and the swimming monkey. I think the swimming monkey was the highlight of Christmas for her.
We've been doing a lot of skiing when it's not sub-zero. Daddy carries Maarit in the backpack so she carries her Baby Dee in a backpack. Here she is before a fun ski ...all bundled up.
Christmas morning. I have more of these, but realized that they probably aren't as much fun for anyone but me....she was adorable opening gifts.
Daddy and Maarit on the ski trails.
Maarit getting her own skis on.
And starting out in the backyard. So far she's skied some pretty big loops. It must be the 1/2 Finnish heritage. She gets on those things and just knows what to do. I would say she and I are at about the same level...only I'm almost 32 so it's a sad, sad affair for me. I am getting better though. I fall down much less frequently....and I have a positive attitude about it these days so I feel confident that I'll learn to ski. Of course I'll never keep up with Daddy and in a few years, Maarit will definitely pass me up, but it's fun.
Sometimes we pull her in the sled instead...I thought this picture was pretty cute.
Hope January is going well for all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment