WELCOME TO OUR BLOG

We're glad you're here to see our beautiful children as they grow. Enjoy your visit and feel free to add a comment, we love to hear from you! xoxo The Mattsons

Sunday, November 18, 2012

UN Day and a Baby Shower

Somehow I missed pictures of Maarit's UN Day Parade at school when I loaded pictures from our camera a while ago.  I thought I should include them because she is always so proud of her class parades.  For the UN Day, all the students in the lower Primary School dress up in the colors or traditional costumes of their home countries and have a parade through the hallways at school. Each student carries a flag from their country.  

Here is Maarit parading with her teacher, Ms. Caroline, who is from France.






This was Halloween morning, just after getting all dressed up as a Panda Bear.


Last weekend our friends in Norway hosted a wonderful baby shower for our little guy at a bakery in town. We were showered with lots of gifts and love, which was wonderful!  I was truly unprepared for the adorableness of baby boy clothes!




Here are Maarit and 2 of her friends, Meredith and Julianna.  A few couples who teach with us have girls Maarit's age, which is really fun for her when we all get together.  They spent the baby shower coloring under the table.


Our friend Matt made up a song about finding a baby name and everyone joined in making up funny rhymes and offering suggestions for baby names. It was a lot of fun.





Our friends Kari, Correen and Jeanne brought these fantastic onesie cupcakes! Maarit loved unwrapping these.


Mommy and Maarit at the baby shower. Her face is so grown up here.


These are pictures just from a walk today.





No comments:

Post a Comment