We have had a fantastic week and a half of Gus being home and adjusting to our new and improved family. Maarit is the very best big sister imaginable. She holds her brother, feeds him when she can, helps with all diapers and baths, sings to him and does not let him so much as utter a whimper with out trying to help soothe him in any way that she can. It is wonderful watching her with him, I am so proud of her.
Gus has gained weight, over 200 grams in one week so he is finally just over the 6 pound barrier. He already feels bigger to us. It appears he is working on just a bit of a double chin. I am very much looking forward to him being just a bit bigger so we are not worrying so much. Right now I am writing down everything he eats and he will have to be weighed every Tuesday at the Health Station to monitor his progress.
Gus loves tummy time and is even trying to lift his head up! Maarit is very excited for this because she looks forward to him being big enough for her to show him toys and books. She really wants him to be able to play with things, but she is very patient.
Here are recent photos of Gus. I am very much looking forward to a new camera coming with Lorraine when she visits in February. Our camera is starting to die and no matter what I do it is blurring many would be good photos. I am not sad to see it go...and can not wait for the new one.
Happy times.
No comments:
Post a Comment