The beginning of June has been full of fun for our family. Mostly fun blowing noses, taking headache medicine, taking long walks and recovering from the school year. Maarit, Gus and I started the month off with a cold, which I have now come to believe is actually allergies. We all get runny noses as soon as we step foot outside our house. However, the weather is beautiful, and we really can not stay inside. There are trade offs I suppose. It's finally getting better, or our bodies are getting used to the pollen.
Maarit's art is threatening to take over our house so I have started taking pictures of her drawings in order to remember some of the greats. This one is our family on a swing set:
Maarit's class had awards the second to last week. Maarit won the Most Helpful award. She is a wonderful helper so this was no surprise to us. Her teacher has also told us all year how much Maarit helps her friends and helps the teachers when other children do not understand how to do something. We are so proud of her.
More art, this time for Dada (her way of writing Daddy)
Hot air balloons
And helping...again...one of Maarit's great joys this spring has been helping our landlord, Egil with his spring gardening. She will spend ages following him around the yard and helping him pull weeds, water and plant. They both really enjoy their time together. I know that Egil and Jessie will really miss her, they have kind of adopted her and think of themselves as her 'Norwegian Grandparents' as they say.
Here is a beautiful picture of Gus just before the true sickness began. So handsome in his puppy bib. It is necessary to catch all the drool. Poor guy, if he isn't spitting up he's drooling from teething. Not an item of clothing is safe in our house...I think our washer may break down it is used so often.
On the same sunny afternoon, Maarit got back into practicing her jumps. This spring she has combined long jump with high jump for a super-fun track event.
This face is worth a million!
Gus likes touching the grass, sitting in the sun and chatting to his guide parents Aaron and Annemieke.
The next day we all got sick. Here are my sick little ones sharing a cuddle. This sickness/allergies dragged on for over a week. I think we are all just finally getting over it.
We celebrated Gustaf's first Name Day on June 6. We were all still sick and Maarit and Daddy still had school. Maarit had a half day so Gus and I walked up to school, played on the playground with her and watched all her new tricks like doing the monkey bars, sliding down the fire pole and climbing on the big kid climbing gym. I was amazed at how far her physical skills have come this spring.
We waited for Daddy until we celebrated Gus's special day. He was a ill, so just a little bit grumpy, but he loved getting a present.
This face looks like he is definitely up to something. My goodness.
He especially liked the ribbon.
But the toy is also pretty awesome because it has squeakers and mirrors and pull things on it.
It was a low key Name Day, but wonderful all the same. Hopefully next year he will not be sick and school will be officially out for all of us so we can spend the day having fun all together.
No comments:
Post a Comment