We have started keeping track of when the ice appears to be covering the lake. It keeps freezing and thawing. We are waiting for the lake to freeze so we can skate and snowshoe and ski. While we are waiting we are enjoying the creatures passing through our yard and by our dock. We have a little muskrat friend and the other day a family of swans came to visit.
In this picture you can see the beginnings of the cute little tree fort on the beach. Recently Justin and his dad pulled the dock out. Just in time too...the lake froze pretty solid near our beach and it has stayed frozen since!
The first ice!
Maarit discovered that doing Gus's hair is fun. 'Isn't he pretty mommy?'
On Halloween Maarit was the Good Fairy and Gus was Little Bunny Foo Foo...from the song where Little Bunny Foo Foo goes through the forest scooping up the field mice and bopping them on their heads. Maarit loves that silly song and she wanted to be a fairy for Halloween, she thought of Bunny Foo Foo for Gus all on her own.
We trick-or-treated with Maarit's friend Aiden. He was a transformer. They were pretty sweet together asking for candy and they came home with quite a haul.
The other morning I left Gus for literally 10 seconds in the bathroom as I ran to get a belt. 10 seconds. This is what I found upon re-entering the bathroom. This moment so very much reminded me of that book "I love you forever, I like you for always. As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be." It's the one book I can not read without crying. The baby boy in that book tears the bathroom apart and it looks just like this.
Maarit and I working on her fort yesterday.
Justin decided that our babies should try the ice by our beach. It's pretty solid. The water there is pretty shallow so this was not too scary.
Oh my...this is one precious little guy.
Maarit and Gus playing ball in the hallway.
No comments:
Post a Comment