June started off with Daddy finishing his school year while the little ones and I relaxed and got into summer mode. I had a long interview at Mesabi East and will now be helping start an EBD program there for level 3, it will be great to be back on the same schedule again, although I will really miss working at the correctional facility. Justin is now going back to full time Science teaching and we have a lot to look forward to and prepare for next school year.
The first weekend in June we had a Name Day party for Gus on the 6th. We had such a wonderful day, the sun was out and the weather was beautiful. The kids all swam and played in the water, we had a great ball theme...meatballs, cheese balls, all ball shaped food.... and we played lots of ball. It was a great day and I only realized after that we were having so much fun playing I completely forgot to take any pictures.
The next day we loaded up and headed to my parents house in Beldenville for a retirement/birthday party for my parents. We had a great time catching up with lots of friends and relatives. It was great that my grandma was able to make the trip and we were able to get this photo of her with the little ones.
On the way home, Gus looked like this. You can see that there was horrible attack of sandflies over the weekend. He looked pretty eaten up for a while.
Maarit has been playing T-ball games twice a week. She is pretty excited about her team and she loves to practice catching and throwing. She really prefers to play first base where all the action is. Gus loves her T-ball games too, he insists that he needs to be on the team. He tries every way he can to get out onto the field during the games.
Gus has just recently begun to enjoy books (rather than eat them, destroy them or toss them across the room) he has discovered the beauty of reading and he now brings books to all of us and crawls in our laps to hear them. It is precious and so fun because Maarit is becoming such a good reader she can read to him!
The highlight of our June was a visit from Aaron and Annemieke who travelled all the way from Norge to see us. We started the week off right with a lovely breakfast in a great spot.
We enjoyed a bike-ride adventure on the trails at Giants Ridge. Maarit loved the ride-behind that she and Daddy had. Gus liked his trailer.
We played a lot by the lake and I apologize, but I just could not pick the best Gus bum picture, so I included them all.
Gus with his godparents!
Gus is very interested in going down and up stairs like a big boy now...he loves to practice, but still needs lots of help.
On Gus's Nancy day Aaron, Anne, Justin and Maarit and I took a canoe adventure. It turned out to be quite rainy and stormy day, but we had a lot of fun. We canoed from Sabin lake down the chain of lakes to our house. There was only one major lightning and rain storm during the trip, and one big canoe disaster on the rapids by our house which left our pretty red boat a bit crunched, but overall we had a fantastic trip!
Here we are hiding under the bridge from the rain and lightening. We played a Dutch game-Anna Maria Koo-Koo ( a bit like Red light Green light).

We had lots of relaxing morning chats and snuggles.
A & A brought Maarit a special lego project and between that and rubber-band bracelets Maarit had lots of fun crafting with them.
It was hard to say goodbye after such a fun visit. We are looking forward to when we will be able to see them again.
We have been distracting ourselves from missing our friends by working on the garden. Gus likes to help with the wheelbarrow...the garden is a bit bigger of a project than I intended, but slowly it is coming along.
I am hoping for a bit more sunshine in July...and an opportunity to post more than once.
No comments:
Post a Comment