The end of April and beginning of May has brought many changes for our family. The sun has finally been shining and we have been able to enjoy the daffodils and our beach. After school we still have hours of outside time and that has been really fun for Maarit and Gus.
This photo is from a sunny day in April. While Maarit was at dance, Gus was dancing on the dock in the beautiful sunshine. I love this picture because it captures so much of the joy and the fun it has been to have a little lake all to ourselves.
At the end of April, Gus had an accident at school and ended up with a big gouge in his eye. I know I shared this already, but I don't think I shared how he was during the ordeal. He ended up having glue to keep the cut together. He was so brave, not a single tear- even though there was a lot of blood from the cut. It was his first emergency trip and first 'stitches/glue', I hope it is not the first of many.
We started soccer as a whole family! Justin and I are coaching Maarit and Gus's team respectively for the East Range Soccer club. Gus has been very excited for his new soccer shoes, he believes that he is especially fast with them on.
Gus continues to make selling our house a bit of a challenge, with his spontaneous art projects, tendency to remove all of his clothes from every drawer while looking for an outfit and ability to make a mess out of everything....we are cleaning up every 2 seconds. I hope our house will sell soon so we can start packing and maybe eliminate some of the mess making tools!
Testing rockets!
We are growing caterpillars from a kit that Nana bought for the kids. They will turn into Painted Lady Butterflies. Maarit and Gus have been enjoying watching them grow from tiny specks to large caterpillars, they are just about to make chrysalises.
This past weekend we travelled to the Cities and then on to New Ulm. The kids stayed with their cousins and Justin and I were house shopping in New Ulm. I am happy to report that we found a house we really like and have an accepted offer on the house. Now it is a mater of waiting until closing! I am very excited because the house is really a dream house for me.
We got to spend time with Kochs and Senns on the weekend, Maarit and Gus were so happy to see Chloe, Hanna and Baby Aldrik.
And since the weekend was opening fishing, Justin and the kids have been out each evening and a few mornings this week. We will miss fishing on our own little lake when we move away. It will be hard to leave such a beautiful spot.
We are also really looking forward to a new beginning in New Ulm, new experiences and new adventures.












No comments:
Post a Comment