WELCOME TO OUR BLOG

We're glad you're here to see our beautiful children as they grow. Enjoy your visit and feel free to add a comment, we love to hear from you! xoxo The Mattsons

Monday, November 14, 2016

Fall Fun



I keep reminding myself to add to our blog and then life gets busy and I don't set aside time to do it. However, I refuse to let it go...so for a bit here we will play catch up. 

Our fall time has been all about getting into the swing of school, making new friends and learning as we go.  We have discovered some great places in the New Ulm area and we are having a good time exploring and meeting new people.  

One of our favorite places is a great Children's Museum in Mankato.  Gus loves to play dress up and in the farm outdoor area there.



We have played at almost all of the 47 parks in New Ulm.  We have enjoyed when friends and family come to visit so we can share these fun spots with them!








In September we started our school adventures...an adventure for each of us this year. Gus was so excited that he has a locker of his own and 2 preschools (one downstairs and one 1/2 days upstairs!)


The first weekend before school we experienced the fun of Herman Fest ....where New Ulm celebrates her most honored historical figure.  The fest is complete with the city band playing William Tell Overture and cannons from the Civil War blasting at just the right moments!



Gus and Maarit had amazing first days of school and they have continued to enjoy their school days ever since. We are so happy for the experiences they are having and the dedication to making preschool and elementary developmentally appropriate and exciting for each of them.




More afternoons in parks...



We had fun discovering the 1800's Riverboat store a few miles away...most everything there is just as it was in the 1870s when the store closed.  However..we think maybe we will not go back until Gus is a bit older and better able to stop himself from exploring too much.  The historians there were a little nervous with Gus testing everything from 1870!




In September I got to head back to the Iron Range and participate in the Ely 1/2 Marathon with my running buddies from up north. It was nice to see pine trees again.



Maarit and Gus and I had a great time picking pumpkins with our little pumpkin of a cousin (nephew) and Grandma and Grandpa.  The weather was balmy for pumpkin picking!







No visit to Grandma and Grandpa is ever complete without a tractor ride.  Gus loves this tractor!


I know, I have months of pictures to catch up on.  I swear to be more dedicated.  We actually have internet here in New Ulm and I am so out of the habit of blogging I completely forget.  Maarit and Gus are growing up so fast too...I can't help but get nostalgic when I look through our old pictures and back along our sidebar and see their sweet baby faces.  My goodness...why does time have to go so fast?!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment