I have to say this Holiday season was a bit of a challenge for our family. We started out with Gus having a double ear infection just before Thanksgiving and me recovering from a 3 week head cold.
However, we were all well enough Thanksgiving day to have the Kochs and Nana and Papa over for a feast. The next day Auntie and Uncle and baby Aldrik came to visit and we went to see the New Ulm Holiday parade....the weather was pretty warm for a late November night!
Maarit and I had fun decorating our house for the Holidays.
The Civic Center hosted a skate with Santa day where the kids could skate and make cookies. Gus was thrilled about Santa, but didn't like the Junior Hockey team skating with him....those big boys were just a little too wild for him.
This picture is just before Justin came down with the flu and then pneumonia. This is Gus's favorite evening activity with Daddy. It started out as wrestling, now it is a full on boxing match. Gus likes to pretend to knock out Daddy, the more dramatic the better!
All December we kept finding Santa everywhere!
After Daddy got sick, Maarit and Gus and I spent a lot of time doing different getting ready for Christmas activities. I think my favorite were these cookies we made. They were both so creative with the frosting and made some really cute cookies!
In December we rescued a Bearded Dragon who needed a home. Maarit and I named her Scarlet, she lives at school in my classroom. I never expected to like having a lizard pet, but she is really fun. She likes to be held, rides around on your shoulder and she likes to be pet. We have fun feeding her worms and crickets and she is so interested in everything going on around her in the classroom.
Captain America....passed out. Gus loves his new Cap suit, but it is a little big for him still.
Daddy was recovered just enough for Christmas. Maarit ended up having pneumonia too and we went in on Christmas Eve to get medicine. Our Christmas was pretty relaxed because both of them were recovering. The weather was crazy cold and windy too so we spent a lot of time indoors playing with new toys.
On Christmas Day we celebrated Gus turning 4! He dressed up as Jake and the Neverland pirate for his birthday.
Since Christmas we are still trying to find a way out of the illness fog. I have had Strep and now Gus is home with pink eye. We can't win this winter....new germs in a new town, I guess. We will be so happy when we are all finally better!





















No comments:
Post a Comment