WELCOME TO OUR BLOG
We're glad you're here to see our beautiful children as they grow. Enjoy your visit and feel free to add a comment, we love to hear from you! xoxo The Mattsons
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
More Early August Fun
The first week of August my mom came for a visit. Maarit was excited to spend some time with her grandma, we shopped and swam and went out for breakfast. It was a very nice visit.

We couldn't get her to look at the camera for this one or it would have been perfect! Oh well...
And this is our goofy little family. I love Daddy making silly faces and Maarit clapping for him. Those two are something else together!
Update on the tree castle: it is now all purple on the main building with some green trim completed. I haven't started the orange because it got unbelievably hot here last week and I just could not make myself stand outside and paint...no matter how much I love it, that just wasn't going to happen.
This is a funny face. We were eating at a new italian restaurant in Virginia. There are glass windows between the booths. Maarit ran over to the booth behind me and was thinking she was pretty silly making faces at me through the window. It was adorable. She loves to do things to be funny these days.
Maarit's friend "Baby Ojah" (Olivia) came to visit last week. They had fun reading books together and watching Little People ---Maarit is trying to corrupt Ojah, Little People is a huge thing around our house. She loves to watch it when she's starting to get tired and she was starting to get tired so she introduced her friend to the Little People drug.
Maarit really liked to hold Ojah's hand and kept trying to lay her down and hold her. I don't think she's really accepted that Ojah is bigger now and can sit up on her own and do her own thing a little bit. I think she still expects her to be a tiny baby. It was pretty cute all the hand holding and cuddling.
Here's Maarit getting ready to give a big kiss. It was something near 90 degrees this day which is why Maarit is not wearing any clothing....I couldn't bring myself to make her wear anything when it was so sticky out.
I just like this outfit so I had to share the picture. The dress is from friend Merry and the hat is from Auntie Lisa from London. She was wearing the dress and grabbed the hat as we went out the door, it was so cute together I had to take a picture. It was perfect too because it was a rainy, dreary, but promising day, just like so many in London.
Late last week we went on a canoe ride. Maarit hadn't been in the boat on water yet so this was a big event for her. She explored a shallow spit with Daddy, they hunted crayfish and snails.
Daddy picked her a lilly pad and she carried it around with us the whole rest of the paddle.
She was showing the lilly pad the water and the birds and bugs...it was so very cute.
Stay tuned.....more great adventures to come. I can't believe I am so far behind with my blogging. And in summer of all things! What is wrong with me?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment