WELCOME TO OUR BLOG

We're glad you're here to see our beautiful children as they grow. Enjoy your visit and feel free to add a comment, we love to hear from you! xoxo The Mattsons

Monday, December 12, 2011

Preschool 3 gets into the Christmas Spirit!


Greetings all!  We hope your preparations for Christmas time are happy. We are very much looking forward to seeing many loved family members and friends when we return to Minnesota at the end of this week. 
I am taking these pictures directly from Maarit's school website, which means they are essentially thumbnails and I can not make them bigger without pixilating the entire photo...but, I wanted to share the events of the past several weeks for Maarit at school.  There are some beautiful moments here and I am so thankful to have pictures for her to remember these fun and eventful days in Preschool 3:

Maarit enjoying the snow during outdoor class time:

Writing letters with shaving cream during Nn week.


Maarit finds the letter k on the parking sign!

A very happy school girl.

Spying with their binoculars during Our Senses unit:

Maarit having fun in the sand area:

This was as special treat!  I have outdoor recess duty on Thursdays and I start my duty time just as Maarit's class finishes recess.  On this day I got hugs and love from Maarit, and two of her friends.  It was the highlight of my day!

 Maarit during cooking class:


And Maarit and friends enjoying a field trip:






Scooters are a big part of her playground time these days!  She loves them.

The first snowy day in Stavanger.



Maarit decorates the classroom Christmas Tree:

Moose puppets the class made.


And adorable reindeer the class made:

Last Friday at the class Christmas party they had a special visitor and each child received a present. Maarit was shy and wouldn't sit on Santa's lap, but she did allow a hug!



Maarit and friends singing Christmas carols to the parents at the party:





Maarit wore her Rudolph nose from Grandma to the party!  She was so proud.


And more snowy fun...the snow is all gone now, melted by the rainy weather the past few days, but it was fun while it lasted and hopefully there will be lots to play with in Minnesota next week!


See you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment