In November we moved to a new home in Norway. I know many of our family and friends have seen pictures on facebook or have received our new address, but I don't think I have actually shared pictures on our blog of our home or area. We now live about halfway between our school and the city center. It is a bit more metropolitan than our place on the fjord, but very much easier to get around and visit places and people. Our previous apartment was quite isolated, although beautiful, and very small...and very loud. We are much, much more comfortable. And we are not too far from the fjord. In Norway we are never too far from water. There is an 8kilometer path around a lake just near here and a bit further down a 4kilometer path around another lake. We will not lack for water!
Near our home is a cute little path through a wood where someone left signs from the classic Pooh stories. Here is the sign for "The Hundred Acre Wood".
Maarit makes us sand lattés. Yum Yum!
A park near our home.
Our house...The house is 3 levels, the further back area you see is the partially attached (we share one 1/4 of one wall) home of our neighbors, the homeowners. I am quite certain that they chose us as renters because of Maarit. They have an older son and I believe they are very ready for grandchildren. They are so kind to Maarit. Last night they came over to bring her a Christmas gift and played tea party with her. When we moved in they left balloons and a gift for her in her ow room. We are lucky to have such kind neighbors!
We got this great book: The Usborn Big Book of Science Things to Make and Do (I highly recommend it to anyone with children.) It is full of fun science experiments and crafts and we have been working on things from the book during the long dark evenings. It has been so fun! Here is a shadow monster that Maarit and Daddy made.
Another view of our home! There is lots of room so come and visit!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment