WELCOME TO OUR BLOG

We're glad you're here to see our beautiful children as they grow. Enjoy your visit and feel free to add a comment, we love to hear from you! xoxo The Mattsons

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Jentebølgen and End of Year NATO Party

On Thursday of this past week Christina ran in the Jentebølgen.  The race day is depicted on the website, "Women and girls of all ages filled the square outside the Square on Thursday night. The weather turned out again from one of their better sides. Ole Alexander Mæland from "The Voice" put the participants in the right mood before SATS warmed up to start. After the ceremony continued shopping inside the Square."  

 Post race photo.  Christina spoke fondly of the group calisthenics.

Friday was the end of year party for Maarit's PS3B class which was hosted at the NATO base in town. I was able to rearrange my schedule so I could attend, which was appropriate since it doubled as a fathers' day event as well.

I got a card stating I was "handsome as a cow and as wonderful as salami".  Not bad.

It was my first time on the base, which although included handing over a photo id,  passing through a security station complete with guards with automatic weapons and flak jackets, it actually seemed rather quaint compared to airport security.

NOTE:  Despite multiple verbal and facial cues to the contrary, none of the children were sickend on this spinner go round.

 Bouncing in the bounce house.

Mid air bounce photo.


This is a photo of the flags on the base.  Apparently there is a large bunker in the hill.  I was a little nervous taking pictures of it, again I have gotten in trouble for taking my phone out in airport security lines, but they let me leave so I assume it is all alright.



This is some song they sing with the kids about being sharks and eating fish.  I did not pick up on the complete intent of the ritual, but the kids did seem to enjoy being eaten.


Maarit here is receiving her certificate (diploma) for successful completion of preschool 3.  Listed on it are her three core competencies; favorite color: purple, favorite food: spagetti, favorite subject: everything.


Listening to Ms. Shelia read about a Hermit Crab.  I think the emotion on her face is an emotive response to the tears of her teacher reading about leaving behind a shell that is too small and moving on to a newer bigger shell.  I felt similar during the reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment