WELCOME TO OUR BLOG

We're glad you're here to see our beautiful children as they grow. Enjoy your visit and feel free to add a comment, we love to hear from you! xoxo The Mattsons

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Dragefestival (Kite Festival)

Kevin, Theo and Elliot took Maarit and I (Justin) to the kite festival at Hellestø beach today.
 Maarit getting the kite in the air.

 Concentrating on the flight.

It is quite difficult getting a 3 year old and kite to pose for a picture at the same time.  When it occurs however it does often result in a very serviceable photo.

Assorted flying kites.

Despite the attraction of the kites, the younger ones in the group spent a majority of the afternoon climbing, sliding and generally playing in the dunes.

Also occasionally posing for the required photo.


Kevin's kite on a decent flight.  I actually got in trouble for attempting to fly this kite in the dunes.  Apparently dunes are only for playing and the beach was for flying.  The exciting bit is that I was disciplined in Norsk and understood quite a bit of what I was being told.  

Aforementioned dunes.


General game of chase on the beach.  Originally I was being chased, but was able to alter the game so that the young ones chased each other, brilliant!

Kevin and Elliot flying a (rather powerful) kite.

Maarit and Theo (together) flying the same kite.  Even with weight of two children this kite was tempted to take them both on a little ride.  

Although there is not as much sand in our house now as I imagine this one must have, we did bring a decent sample size back with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment