WELCOME TO OUR BLOG

We're glad you're here to see our beautiful children as they grow. Enjoy your visit and feel free to add a comment, we love to hear from you! xoxo The Mattsons

Saturday, August 13, 2011

A drive to the mountains

The other day the director of our school took us on a drive up to the mountains just north of Stavanger. We passed through some beautiful countryside (sheep farming is very popular in Norway and Maarit loved the sheep) and drove along some very winding and narrow roads. We ended at a popular destination: restaurant and candle factory in a local village setting. It was, of course, beautiful.
Maarit having dinner in the lodge.


A rainbow over the mountains.

Maarit makes a candle!These pictures show the turf roof, a common feature outside the big cities in Norway.


These goats made Maarit smile so I included them.
Another view of the mountains.
This is actually the site of a famous Norwegian resistance to the German invasion during WWII. Imagine fighting among the boulders.
And a few of our family with the fantastic view!


1 comment:

  1. Hey guys!!! Sooo happy for your update. :)
    I miss you. I have my rock hanging with the beautiful note in my kitchen. Thank you for the kind words.... Have an amazing adventure. Talk soon my dear friend. My life is better knowing you and I send you all the happiness.
    Love patty

    ReplyDelete