Moving to Norway.... I have to premis this post with saying that I probably have the most patient, flexible and biggest trooper of a toddler who ever existed. Our trip to Norway was not an easy one. We left the day after my brother's wedding (so up late and worn out from all the excitement). And our trip consisted of 4 airports, 3 planes, 2 lay-overs and very, very limited sleep, food we're used to, or opportunity to get away from crowds or uncomfortable situations. Maarit handled all of it (even getting motion sick and puking on the 2nd plane) with a smile and willingness to embrace the adventure. She was such a good girl.
Here is Maarit---sitting on literally all of our worldly possessions. We got everything down to one truck load!
Our family before the move.
Justin's family and us ...getting ready for our new adventure.
Maarit, Nana and Daddy after clearing security.
Look Mommy! There's our plane! (It is our plane.. I highly recommend Icelandair, they were great, very comfortable flight and VERY child friendly.)
Maarit...after many hours of flying and a 2 hour lay-over in Copenhagen...still going, backpacking her Special Bear through the airport.
Watch out world, we have a little adventurer on our hands!
Thought this was funny....B4 Stavanger, us after hours and hours of travel...we're almost there!
And ta-da! City center of our new town, Stavanger. (It was pouring rain and craziness when we got picked up by the administrators from our school----yes, crazy as that sounds the director of the school and both the primary and high school principals met us at the airport and personally took us to our temporary apartment, I am still in shock at how well they treat their teachers here, it's a whole new world!---- so due to all the rain and trying to make sure all our worldly possessions got to the right place I didn't take any pictures.) We were fighting falling asleep so we walked around the city center for quite a while when we got here...this is our new town:
Car free streets are wonderful!
The harbor...this is looking down the fjord, it is a very popular port for cruise ships, this was the biggest ship I'd ever seen, but the next day Nana and Maarit said they saw a bigger one!
And here's a classic Stavanger shot with sail boat and harbor.
Maarit on her first plane ride: Bye bye Minnesota!
Glad you made it safely. I'm already itching for a vacation. The town looks so beautiful. I really hope we can plan a trip during your stay in Norway. Have fun exploring the new places!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you'll really enjoy the quaint city!! Kristi
ReplyDeleteHow close was that plane in the video clip?????
ReplyDeleteGlad you made it!
Glad they treat teachers well.
Please come back in two years.
Wishing you all the best time in Norway and really enjoyed seeing everyone at the wedding and reception. WinonaMike
ReplyDelete